For the absolute BEST power, part throttle, top-end and cruise.
The benchmark for virtually everybody who won AMA races in 96.
Excellent low speed manners and better midrange than any other carb kit.
Hello, I have installed a Factory Pro Jet Kit. I had previously had a Dyno Jet Jet kit in. The Factory Pro Kit IS WAYYYY BETTER.
Any other info to help me out would be greatly appreciated. The D*****t kit just seems like c**p now that I have the Factory Kit in!! Thanks.
96 GSXR 750 T
Stock Exhaust with Yoshimura RS3 Slip on/ BMC air filter
130 Main jets outside
127.5 Main jets inside
2.5 turns out
Acceleration is awesome and smooth.
Vancouver, BC weather Around 65-75 degree weather.
Thanking you in advance.
Adds more low-end / midrange, if the proper main jet is selected, more top-end power. Easy to install and tune - no slide drilling!
Titanium needles and Stainless steel allen screws for the float bowls. Adds more low-end / midrange, if the proper main jet is selected, more top-end power. Easy to install and tune - no slide drilling!
out of stock
Factory Pro Ignition Advance Plate
Pretty easy to install -
This advance kit advances the ignition timing 2 degrees
bolt-on advance kit advances the timing 2 degrees. With stock engines
with stock compression ratios, there is more power everywhere. Part
throttle power is better - helping corner exit speeds. Improved in-town
driveability and quicker warm up.
Factory Pro Detent Arm
Kit - Shift quicker and Stop missing shifts.
Make shifting MUCH quicker and virtually eliminate those missed shifts. This is the same kit that most of the AMA has used at one time or another -
Includes Factory Pro Microbearing Detent Arm, the Factory Pro stronger detent spring and, if the package is *carefully* opened, a new clutch cover gasket.
So.......Stop missing shifts and protect your transmission from the damage caused by missed shifts - Install a Factory Pro Detent Arm Kit soon -
Looking for your idle mixture screws? Here is where they are located:
|cylinder head setup||BEST intake LC||BEST exhaust LC|
|stock, as delivered valve job||107-108||101|
|full radius valve job||105.5-106.5||101|
|full radius valve job and valve seat rework||103-104||101|
|FRVJ, porting, carbs||
(just a guess, depends on porting and carbs. Generally, the better the dynamic flow properties, the earlier you should close the intake valve.)
|Generally, the better the exhaust flow and the better the exhaust system is matched to the engine, the later/more retarded you can open the exhaust valve.|
WATCH when advancing intake and retarding exhaust cams!!! They get closer!!!!!
Installation, Ignition Advance Plate, GSX-R600, 97-05 and GSX-R750, 96-05 installation and pictures
Main Air Jet location for "1.7-RK" Race kits
Main Air Jet location for "1.7-RK" Race kits
The worlds fastest Indian
Newberg, Oregon United States
pn: RTR-SUZ-37-XX -
ignition mount plate install and tech
application: gsxr600/gsxr750/gsxr1000, 1997 to 2004
5mm allen wrench
#2 philips screwdriver
medium flatbladed screwdriver
Razor blade or Exacto knife
A look in.
Location of ignition trigger mounting plate on:
gsxr600, 97-01 (and similar)
1. Remove the outer "palm sized" small starter cover (already removed).
2. Remove the inner, larger starter clutch cover (already removed). Remember, there is a screw in the upper left of the inner cover that is not accessible until the small, outer cover is removed. You will probably reuse the gasket
3. Remove the starter clutch bolt with a 14mm air wrench (that's the easiest and quickest way).
4. Remove the original ignition plate from the engine cases with a #2 Phillips screwdriver. (it's under the starter clutch gear)
|5. With a flatbladed screwdriver, remove the
ignition trigger coil from the original mounting plate and reinstall it
onto the new Factory Pro ignition plate.
Be careful NOT to stab yourself with the screwdriver!
The gold center core plate (at B,
down arrow) of the coil assembly MUST extent "proud" of the surrounding
off-white epoxy area when installed and tightened. There is a small amount
of play to adjust with, and it must project outwards, towards the
ignition rotor, usually ~.005" to .010". (In other words, a real little
6. After installing the trigger coil to the ignition plate, temporarily reinstall the starter clutch and bolt and rotate the engine so that rotor projection at B, up arrow is aligned with the trigger coil (so you can measure the trigger coil clearance).
7. Install A-1phillips screw, snug. Install A-2 Phillips screw and snug down.
8. Measure the clearance at B. It should be .015" to
.020". Adjust by loosening A-1 and A-2
and pushing the plate towards the rotor. Tighten screws when done.
2. So - you cracked the magnet because you didn't line up the locating
|9. Check the tightness of the coil
plate screws, reinstall the ignition plate. Use a bit of light strength
thread locking compound on the screws if you want, for a good job.
10. Reinstall the starter clutch and mounting bolt. BE SURE to line up the indexing marks on the crankshaft end and the starter clutch or the TDC marks will be wrong and that could cause big problems if using the TDC marks to adjust the valves later.....
11. Reinstall the covers (don't forget the screw under the small cover). Replace or reseal gaskets as necessary.
12. You should not have any parts left over, except for the old ignition plate.
True Rear Wheel HP measurement on the EC997!
EFI and Carb Tuning - Most all FI and carb tuning
by Wheelsmith Racing
Flight Training - train with AMA race winner Todd Harrington.
The Harringtons own American Flyers, one of the most established flight training facilities in the USA.
The Rich Oliver
Mystery School will help you discover your hidden inner strength.
It will challenge you. It will teach you a new way of thinking, and a new way of riding. You can take your riding to an exciting new level!
We use a variety of proven drills and training techniques.
Practicing these techniques with our Yamaha dirt track trainers will enhance your abilities both on the track or the street.
It doesn't matter what you ride or race, the Rich Oliver Mystery School improves everyone's skill level and mindset!
WW2 vintage flying Special
Book a sightseeing flight over the Wine Country
or a Kamikaze aerobatic flight or a biplane flight over famous
the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco Bay for one or two during
the spring and get a free souvenir t shirt!
707 938 2444
The extension of the laboratory
for engines of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology was completed
in about 1935. Its architect was Rudolf Otto Salvisberg (1882-1940).
He had a successful career in Berlin but returned to Switzerland after
the advent of the Nazis. His architectural style was somewhat similar
to that of Erich Mendelsohn. The staircase of the laboratory is in normal
use but well preserved.
Edited to the tunes of Chemical Residue by Herbie Hancock.