|No Data recorded:
All data may be "cold".
that the program cannot find any valid recorded data to graph out
in the file you clicked on. You can see the data in the notes if
the file actually has recorded data, but - no graph and "No Data..."
error message appears.
1. If no lines of Speed, HP, Torque were recorded, the file was saved, probably accidentally, before any testing was done. That happens commonly when new to the software.
2. If there are lines of data recorded,
but they won't graph out, then you will probably see a letter, usually
a small "c" in front of every recorded HP, etc. number. That would indicate
that the test data was performed under "Warmup" mode on the Test Screen
and the test was stopped before progressing into the EGA Phase (which
are recorded without a letter prefix).
|"Check Com Port"||On the Test
Screen, that means that your computer is not seeing Speed and Load data
from the DAQ box (aka "black box").
1. Cycle power on the black box or turn it on.
2. Check the computer / black box serial or usb cable for connection.
3. Call 800 869-0497 or try manually selecting com ports in the dynocal.ini file.